The Southern Environmental Association (SEA) has been advocating for the protection of Wellington’s natural environment for more than 30 years.
Joining SEA is a way to support the ongoing rejuvenation of Tawatawa Reserve and support ecological restoration on the South Coast.
With a strong membership, we can have a strong voice on decisions being made about Tawatawa.
Being an incorporated society enables us to have a Memorandum of Understanding with the Wellington City Council whereby we receive help with equipment and materials.
It provides SEA with a mandate to ask for improvements for the Reserve for all its various users and is a requirement for us to be able to apply for and receive grants from other funding organisations. Your support in becoming a member allows us together to continue to plant and maintain the Reserve.
Becoming a member also means:
- Paying an annual membership fee of $10. This money goes towards tools, equipment and administrative costs. SEA is volunteer-run so money goes towards the project.
- Receiving quarterly email newsletters from us.
- Being able to attend and vote in our Annual General Meetings to determine the leadership of our committee.
You can join by filling out the online form or downloading the membership form below.
The annual membership fee and any donations can be made to the SEA bank account:
- Southern Environmental Association (Wellington) Incorporated (SEA)
- Use your family name and mobile number as a reference
Privacy: We take your privacy seriously. Your personal details will not be given to any other organisation or individual for mailing list purposes. SEA may from time to time be required to provide names and addresses of members to the Charities Commission and the Registrar of Incorporated Societies as evidence that we are functioning in accordance with the law and principles of good governance and with the required number of members.